The Importance of Football Fitness
Football fitness or in other words, being fit to play football is one of the most important things to take into consideration as a player. It is important not to forget football mental health of players as well though.
There are many risks to not being Football fit and there are many advantages to being football fit.
On this website, will explain to you in this article the importance of football fitness.
How To Have Football Fitness?
- Do Interval Training
- Lots of sprinting
- Dumbbell bench-step to improve your jump
- Develop explosive power to be able to change your direction easily
- Leg training
- Build up your body’s core strength
- Increase muscle mass
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Swimming which develops upper body strength and keeps you relaxed
Why It is Important To Keep Your football Fitness?
There are multiple reasons why football fitness is a must when being on the field:
- Confidence: Being fit makes you play with confidence on the pitch.
- 90-minutes: Any football match spans for 90 minutes and if you do not have any football fitness you will not be able to play for 90 minutes. It can even go up to 120 minutes with extra time and let’s not forget the time added for every half of the game.
- Cardio Respiratory Endurance: It means the level at which your heart, lungs and muscles work together when you are exercising for a long period of time. It indicates how physically fit you are. Increasing your Cardio Respiratory Endurance helps your heart and lungs use oxygen more efficiently. In other words, you improve this aspect, you have more endurance.
- Minimizing Errors: If you have football fitness, you are les likely to commit errors such as missing an easy goal scoring opportunity, because you will have more focus on the game. One example on this is Sir Alex Ferguson. He used to evaluate the fitness of players on the morning of the match. Within 5 minutes, he would get the results of the fitness level of each player and accordingly, he would select the formation for the game.
- Football Fitness Improves Your Game: When you have football fitness, instead of focusing your energy on enduring 90 minutes, you focus your energy on improving your game. Meaning that you have more control over the ball, higher running speed, higher pass accuracy, better cooperation and communication with your teammates, better comprehension of the game and the list goes on and on.
- Quick Recovery From Injuries: Not having football fitness means you will me more susceptible to injuries whereas having football fitness means even if you do get injured you are likely to recover from it faster. Most injuries occur because you are overexerting yourself without your body being prepared for it. Another key to avoid injuries is to eat meals rich in carbohydrates but low in fat.
- Enjoy The Game Longer: Most people who play football whether they are amateurs or professional athletes are passionate about the game. This is why having football fitness means you can stop focusing on your body during the game and actually enjoy playing every moment of it.
The Importance of Football Fitness: A Conclusion
Being fit to play football is one of the most important things you should thrive to achieve day after day and constantly if you want to excel at the game or even participate in the Top 10 Football Leagues. The best example in this case would be nonother than Cristiano Ronaldo. Ronaldo is considered one of the best, some debate he is the best of all time even. His secret is fitness.
Being fit and constantly taking care of his physical and mental health has improved his game and paved the way for him to become a football legend.
Professional football players who play for the Best Football Teams spend a great deal of time taking care of their fitness. This accompanied by some natural talent has made them successful at the game.